GREENSBORO, N.C. -- Ferrum College earned a 6-3 non-conference women's tennis win over Greensboro College this afternoon at Grimsley High School.
Alexandria Dixon and Jordan Thompson won 8-4 at #3 doubles and Mallory Scott and Chlesea Zizzi won 8-2 at #3 doubles to spot Ferrum a 2-2 lead
1. Anna Rae Porcelli (GCW) def. Autum Murray-Burns (FCW) 6-0, 6-0
2. Haley Griffen (GCW) def. Alexandria Dixon (FCW) 6-1, 6-0
3. Jordan Thompson (FCW) def. Matti Moore (GCW) 6-0, 6-4
4. Mallory Scott (FCW) def. Hunter Cashion (GCW) 6-0, 6-3
5. Chelsea Zizzi (FCW) def. Alexis Chase (GCW) 6-1, 6-2
6. Hailee Green (FCW) def. Lauren Rodriguez (GCW) 6-0, 6-2
1. Anna Rae Porcelli/Matti Moore (GCW) def. Autum Murray-Burns/Hailee Green (FCW) 8-0
2. Alexandria Dixon/Jordan Thompson (FCW) def. Haley Griffen/Hunter Cashion (GCW) 8-4
3. Mallory Scott/Chelsea Zizzi (FCW) def. Alexis Chase/Keeley Catarineau (GCW) 8-2
Coach Rod Baker's men will be back in action Saturday, April 20, at Emory & Henry College. The ODAC match gets underway at 1:00 p.m. in Emory, Virginia. The Panthers then host Randolph-Macon College Sunday, April 21, in another ODAC match, set for 3:30 p.m.