LEXINGTON, Va. -- Washington and Lee University beat Ferrum College 9-0 in Old Dominion Athletic Conference women's tennis action this afternoon at W&L's Upper Courts.
Washington and Lee (5-4, 4-0 ODAC)
Ferrum (5-7, 2-5 ODAC)
The #25 ranked Generals rolled to the league win, claiming three doubles matches before sweeping all six singles matches in straight sets. Morgan Scott fell 6-1, 6-2 at #1 singles to Valerie Marshall.
1. Valerie Marshall (WLUW) def. Morgan Scott (FCW) 6-1, 6-2
2. Lily Horsley (WLUW) def. Autum Murray-Burns (FCW) 6-0, 6-0
3. Mary Hampton McNeal (WLUW) def. Alexandria Dixon (FCW) 6-0, 6-0
4. Anna Kreynin (WLUW) def. Jordan Thompson (FCW) 6-0, 6-0
5. Gabby Moore (WLUW) def. Mallory Scott (FCW) 6-1, 6-0
6. Melinda Kauffman (WLUW) def. Hailee Green (FCW) 6-0, 6-0
1. Lily Horsley/Valerie Marshall (WLUW) def. Autum Murray-Burns/Morgan Scott (FCW) 8-1
2. Anna Kreynin/Mary Hampton McNeal (WLUW) def. Jordan Thompson/Alexandria Dixon (FCW) 8-1
3. Claire Lacksen/Gabby Moore (WLUW) def. Chelsea Zizzi/Mallory Scott (FCW) 8-0
BACK ON COURT
Coach Rod Baker's team will be back in action Sunday, March 24, at Bridgewater College. The ODAC doubleheader is set for an 11:00 a.m. start in Bridgewater, Virginia.