GREENSBORO, N.C. -- Ferrum College's men's and women's swimming teams competed this weekend at the 2019 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Swimming Championships, held Friday through Sunday, Feb. 15-17, at the Greensboro Aquatic Center. The Panther women finished eighth of 12 teams, while the men were eighth of 10 teams.
MEN'S TEAM SCORES
1. Washington & Lee 913; 2. Roanoke 622; 3. Randolph-Macon 541; 4. Randolph 280; 5. Hampden-Sydney 274; 6. Emory & Henry 149; 7. Bridgewater 143; 8. Ferrum 125; 9. Virginia Wesleyan 122; 10. Greensboro 42
WOMEN'S TEAM SCORES
1. Washington & Lee 988; 2. Randolph-Macon 675; 3. Roanoke 516; 4. Bridgewater 296; 5. Emory & Henry 251; 6. Hollins 162; 7. Randolph 147; 8. Ferrum 103; 8. Sweet Briar 103; 10. Virginia Wesleyan 61; 11. Guilford 55; 12. Greensboro 19
Ferrum's top placing on the men's side was a 6th-place finish by Jacob Blaukovitch, Dom Philpot, Taylor Darnell and Jonathan Kraft in the 200 medley relay.The same foursome also placed seventh in the 200 freestyle relay. Individually, Darnell finish 8th in the 200 fly.
- 6th, 200 Medley Relay: Blaukovitch, Philpott, Darnell, Kraft
- 7th, 200 Freestyle Relay: Darnell, Kraft, Philpot, Blaukovitch
- 8th, 200 Fly: Darnell
- 8th, 800 Freestlyle Relay: Blaukovitch, Kraft, Philpot, Darnell
- 8th, 400 Frestyle Relay: Darnell, Blaukovitch, Philpot, Kraft
- 11th, 1650 Freestyle: Darnell
- 11th, 200 Breststroke: Blaukovitch
- 14th, 100 Fly: Darnell
- 14th, 100 Bresatstroke: Blaukovitch
In the women's championships, Ferrum's top placement was a pair of seventh-place finshes in the 400 medley relay with Hunter Tharpe, Elina Baltins, Katie Shoaf and Courtney Moyer, and the 200 medley relay team of the same foursome. Individually, Shoaf grabbed a 12th-place finish in the 200 fly.
- 7th, 400 Medley Relay: Tharpe, Baltins, Shoaf, Moyer
- 7th, 200 Medley Relay: Tharpe, Baltins, Shoaf, Moyer
- 8th, 200 Freestyle Relay: Tharpe, Caroline Saalweachter, Moyer, Shoaf
- 8th, 400 Freestyle Relay: Shoaf, Saalweachter, Moyer, Tharpe
- 12th, 200 Fly: Shoaf
- 15th, 1650 Freestyle: Moyer
BEHIND THE WHISTLE
"It was an exciting weekend of fast racing and I'm proud of the efforts our team put out. We came out of the weekend with several individual finalists, personal best times, and multiple school records. They are a hard working team with a lot of drive and the ODAC Championship was a great way to end our season." --Head Coach Margaret Parcell
Parcell's teams closed out the season with th ODAC Championships. Two swimmers graduate in May, Mariah Banks from the women's team and Kraft on the men's side. Seven women and four men are eligible to return for the 2019-20 season.